I was recently re-watching the movie “The Shawshank Redemption.”
And, there is a scene where Red, one of the inmates played by Morgan Freeman, is at his parole hearing. And he starts talking about how he wishes he could go back to his younger self, talk some sense into him before committing a violent crime, etc.
And, it got me to thinking:
What advice would I give Child elBenbo?
Especially in his formative teenage years?
And, almost as soon as the question popped into my head, all kinds of advice poured out right after, including:
- Sac up, and quit complaining
- Do the opposite of what everyone else says to do
- Don’t bother with college
- Read more, watch TV less
- Stop Putting people on pedestals
- Before joining MLM, look up Dan Kennedy and read every word he has ever written, and then build your own info-publishing company instead
- Hit the gym instead of watching TV, dummy
- Time is passing anyway, might as well start doing things now
- Instead of just reading about writers, write
- Those customers & people you hate dealing with working at OfficeMax aren’t hell, they are future market research
- A shocking number of those hot chicks you are too much of a poosey to talk to now will slam into the wall like crash test dummies due to bad choices & vices – no need to be a dork putting them on a pedestal…
- Evil beyond your wildest imaginations does exist, and that Bible you only skim through is what’ll help you identify it
- Stay off forums debating politics & religion, waste of time
- Reading and re-reading Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and those comicbooks your mom hates will pay dividends
- When you accidentally fart in study hall and everyone looks at you, and you look at the schlub behind you as if he did it, don’t feel guilty about it…
Anyway, probably few if anyone will find this much help.
But, maybe someone needed to hear it…
Whatever the case, go here next for more lovin’: